Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Five Favs

Revolution – The Beatles: The fast version. Does anyone remember it in the old black and white Nike commercial? That commercial was my first introduction to the Beatles. My absolute favorite song of all time and I still to this day mess up the lyrics. Also, it is the only song that makes me feel like, no matter what’s happening, “it’s gonna be allright.”

Baba O’Riley – The Who: No other rock song conveys as much energy and emotion as this one! This song absolutely requires that you bounce your head along to Pete Townsend swinging his arm!

Where the Streets Have No Name – U2: Absolutely the best intro to a song ever! Is this song about a city in Africa or is it about Heaven? Ah, the beauty of Bono’s lyrics. This song makes me want to go out and make the world a better place.

Under Pressure – Queen and David Bowie: I have never heard a song that uses so many different musical and lyrical elements to communicate so many emotions in one song. In under four minutes, this song gets to the heart of what everyone wants out of life – to move from despair to hope, from loneliness to love, and from fear to faith.

Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns ‘n Roses: Like Elaine’s boyfriend who loved Desperado, as soon as I hear the guitar intro of this song, everything around me comes to an immediate halt. This song both rocks but yet is sort of a ballad at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment