Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Best Remakes of All Time

These are what I consider to be the best remakes of all time; meaning, the new version is better than the original:

Jimi Hendrix’s version of Bob Dylan’s All Along the Watchtower
U2’s version of Bob Dylan’s All Along the Watchtower
Stevie Ray Vaughn’s version of Jimi Hendrix’s Little Wing
The Soup Dragon’s version of I’m Free by The Rolling Stones
Blind Melon’s version of School House Rock’s Three is a Magic Number
The Blue Man Group’s version of I Feel Love by Donna Summer
Counting Crow’s version of Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell
Green Day’s version of I Fought the Law by Sonny Curtis and the Crickets
The Lemonhead’s version of Simon and Garfunkel’s Mrs. Robinson
Matthew Sweet’s version of the Scooby-Doo theme song
Smashmouth’s version of I’m a Believer written by Neil Diamond and recorded by The Monkees
Social Distortion’s version of Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash

Any others?

2 comments:

  1. First I am glad to see you writing. I really like "Under my thumb" by Social D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Come Together" by Joe Cocker on the soundtrack from "Across the Universe".

    ReplyDelete